Diagnostics Applied to Cultural Heritage
- Interdepartmental Research Center on Ancient Medicin (RIMA)
- Interuniversitary Center for Hungarian Studies and for Studies on Central and Eastern Europe (CISUECO)
- Center for Audiovisual Research and Processing (CREA)
- Screenplay Research Center
- Research Center for Languages and Their Applications (CERLA)
- Research Areas
- Cinema, Music, Media culture
- Italian Studies
- Book and Document
- Languages, Communication, Society
- History of Art and Architecture
- Ongoing projects
My research concerns the diagnostics applied to cultural heritage, mainly for the characterization of paper, wood and stone materials by using infrared spectroscopy (FTIR) in combination with attenuated total reflectance (ATR). In addition to this, I deal with the synthesis of organic molecules, and in particular with amino acid derivatives.
More recently, I have also become interested in the study of bioactive molecules extracted from vegetal matrixes and their identification through mass spectrometry (GC-MS and HPLC-MS).