History of Art and Architecture
This division consists of disciplines relating to the fields of History of Modern Art, History of Contemporary Art, History of Architecture and Museum Study and artistic and restoration criticism, aiming at studying, preserving, restoring, promoting and managing monuments/documents, texts and materials. Within the above mentioned disciplines, digital humanities could provide the framework for the application of new technologies to improve the quality of research and education.
A contribution in this sense is given by the Informatic Lab for historical-artistic documentation (LIDA_Photo Library), which enhances the activities of the sections through services such as:
- IT management of research data, especially individual research through the development and setting up of the platforme E-Dvara for the creation of databases; this allows the scholar itself to structure the needed group informations;
- Iconographic research collaborations;
- Promotion of the results through virtual exhibitions;
- Seminars dedicated to the online resources relating to art history and the cultural heritage;
- Seminars about the computer processing of textual and visual materials;
- Excercises on the ways of enhancement of the cultural heritage and on the scientific communication aimed at tourists and citizens (in collaboration with the Bachelor Degree Course in Cultural Tourism).